Hollywood icon Katherine Hepburn adored them, while Bianca Jagger wore them on her wedding day. They are not just a pair of wide leg pants, palazzo trousers take it to the extreme, often looking like a maxi skirt. Today we are going to learn more about these amazingly stylish and cozy pieces of clothing and what to wear them with.
In the 30’s Coco Chanel wore wide leg trousers to the beach. Two decades later the most fashionable upper class women decided that it was time for a change in their daily wear routine. These ladies got tired of skirts and wanted an elegant piece that will look glamorous enough, but feel as comfy as they are wearing their pajamas.
Palazzo trousers became a huge success and their popularity continued throughout the 60’s and the 70’s. Although they are not related to any particular season, they are mostly worn during warmer days, but if you like them, high street brand now offer you these pants in fabrics appropriate for late fall and early winter.
Palazzo pants are a perfect example of how fashion just loves to repeat itself. Besides that, they are truly chic and versatile, so you can wear them everywhere, from the office to the nightclubs. Palazzo trousers are flattering to the figure, while soft fabrics fit perfectly to your skin. They deserve to be dressed up properly, weather you choose to wear them with flats or high, chunky heels.
Palazzo trousers come in various colors, often with interesting prints. Dress them up properly with a common tank top in a matching color and a belt. Choose oxford shoes with or without heel to revive the spirit of the 70’s, keeping the vintage feeling. Wear lots of accessories in pastel and gold colors in order to make the whole outfit look even more stylish and powerful.
- Umeko Tank (weekday.com)
- Palazzo Trousers (riverisland.com)
- Mango Belt Black (jcpenney.com)
- Oxford Shoes (dorothyperkins.com)
- Bangle Set (charlotterusse.com)
- Steve Madden Tote (zappos.com)
- Kate Spade Necklace (piperlime.gap.com)
Brighter Than the Sun
For a perfect summer look, choose a kaftan in bright colors and with an interesting print and a pair of palazzo trousers in a bold color of your choice. Instead of a simple belt, you can wear a metallic rope like one, similar to ones that Chanel presented at one of their latest fashion shows. It is important not to be afraid of mixing and matching colors, but for a perfect summer inspired look, stick to the colors of the sea. Wear turquoise, navy and aqua green and create a contrast with shades of red and pink.
- Envelope Clutch (colehaan.com)
- Stunning by the Stream Earrings (modcloth.com)
- Seed-Bead Bracelet (bcbg.com)
- Satin-Finish Palazzo Trousers (mango.com)
- Seychelles Hayworth Sandals (dsw.com)
- Camilla Aztec Kaftan (lespommettes.com)
- Metal Rope Belt (warehouse.co.uk)
- Bangle (katespade.com)
With the right choice of accessories, you can create a little fashion miracle just by using two colors. All you need is a pair of palazzo trousers in brown and a blouse in coral. Wear these pieces with a pair of hot coral flat sandals and feel free to add as much gold jewelry as you like.
If you are going shopping or just out for a launch, you will need sunglasses. However, for a more chic and glamorous look, wear a simple straw fedora hat and a big tote bag. Even though the whole outfit fits current trends, the styling is timeless, so you can wear it in many years to come.
- Blouse (shoptaintedkiss.com)
- Sonia Rykiel Bag (net-a-porter.com)
- Palazzo Trousers (mango.com)
- French Connection Necklace (asos.com)
- Hat (jigsaw-online.com)
- Earrings (maxandchloe.com)
- Gladiator Sandals (yesstyle.com)
- Ralph Lauren Belt (houseoffraser.co.uk)
You can do wonders with a simple white shirt and a pair of palazzo trousers. If you are not too keen on oversized earrings and statement necklaces, choose stud earrings and long chain necklaces. You can wear scarf instead of a bolero or cardigan or wrap it around it around your bag. If you are going on a date, wear a pair of boho clogs. If you are off to work, you can wear a simple pair of ballet flats in tan. It all comes down to that perfect pair of pants, which we learned to love. They are palazzo pants and every woman should own at least one pair.
- Alexis Bittar Earrings (econe.co.uk)
- Sergio Rossi Clogs (stylebop.com)
- Rachel Entwistle Spider Necklace (econe.co.uk)
- Tote Bag (riverisland.com)
- Rag & Bone Racine Silky Palazzo Trousers (matchesfashion.com)
- Eddie Borgo Earrings (boutique1.com)
- Silk Blouse (harveynichols.com)
- Maybelline Lipstick (nelly.com)
- Tsumori Chisato Scarf (openingceremony.us)
Cover photo: http://weheartit.com